Plague Column

It was made in the workshop of the Jesuit sculptor Frantisek Baugut, the author of the gallery of statues in front of the Jesuit College. The column was erected in 1713-1715 as an expression of a plea for an end to the plague epidemic which took the toll of over 6,000 lives in the town.

Share on social networks