Home » Guide services in Kutná Hora » Sights of Kutná Hora » Czech Museum of Silver - Stone House

Czech Museum of Silver - Stone House

One of most valuable burgher houses from 15th century in Bohemia with a richly decorated façade.

The house was built already in pre-Hussite times, and the spacious cellars and original layout originate in that period. After the Hussite revolt, the house standing at what was then a meat market was owned by wealthy butchers. It was rebuilt in its present appearance by Briccius Gauske in 1489 for Prokop Kroupa, an influential aristocrat involved in the mining business.

It became municipal property in the 19th century. In the course of the reconstruction undertaken in 1901-1902 by Ludvik Labler, the house acquired its present appearance. It then began to be used as a museum.You can currently visit 2 expositions of the Czech Museum of Silver in the building: Bourgeois culture and life in Kutná Hora between 17th and 19th century and a lapidary showing the structural development of the town.

Learn more

Share on social networks