The Ursuline Convent was erected in 1738-1743 after a design of Kilian Ignaz Dienzenhofer. Like his father Christian, Kilian Ignaz was an outstanding Baroque architect and builder.
Built on a square ground plan, the project originally included, on the diagonal axis, a church, which tower was designed as having a diameter of 19 metres. The dome would have been Kilian Ignaz Dienzenhofer's largest work of this type. However, the project was halted for a lack of financial resources in 1743. Only two wings of the convent were built according to the original design. Instead of the monumental church, a chapel was added at the south-eastern wing in 1895-1901.
The convent had been built for the Ursuline order but the nuns were expelled in 1950. After 1989, the building was returned to the order.
The building serves mainly as a Catholic secondary school and as Kutná Hora Wine Cellars.